This morning I wanted to startup VuePress. I ran into an issue running the development server using
npm run docs:dev
That issue was the following error:
Error: Vue packages version mismatch: - firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
But the package-lock.json is loading 2.6.10 for Vue and the Vue Server Renderer:
... "vue": "^2.6.10", "vue-loader": "^15.7.1", "vue-router": "^3.1.3", "vue-server-renderer": "^2.6.10", "vue-template-compiler": "^2.6.10", ...
So how would this be possible? Found a similar issue at https://github.com/nuxt/nuxt.js/issues/6823 where I asked the same question. I could remove node_modules and install all again, but really felt like this was an odd bug.
Did an npm update in the end. Seemed there were no other quick solutions. Did then see
npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
as well as
npm WARN deprecated email@example.com: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.) npm WARN deprecated firstname.lastname@example.org: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
Once all was done we had
As you can see both Vue, Vue Template Compiler were updated.
ESLint Loader Issues
I then did a
npm run dev
to see if the app would still build. I ran into this ESLint related error
ERROR in multi ./resources/js/xxx.js ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/vendor/MediaManager/sass/manager.scss Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'eslint-loader' in '/Users/jasper/code/domain.com/project' @ multi ./resources/js/xxx.js ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxxx.scss ./resources/sass/xxxx.scs s ./resources/vendor/MediaManager/sass/manager.scss /js/xxx
So then I took a more radicall step and did
rm -rf node_modules && npm install
Then I ran
npm run dev
again hoping the ESLint issue would be resolved. It was. All started working again. Did think for a short moment one of the inner projects was borked, but that was due to a previous bug so we could continue with this upgrade as well.